Our Callander
Contact
Us

St Kessog's

The Community Council has been in discussion with Stirling Council as to the future management of the building and the uses to which it might be put. Following the flood, the building was stripped back to a shell and the roof was repaired. So, currently the building is watertight but empty.

The Community Council held a drop-in day in December 2019 to ask for suggestions as to how the building might be used by the community. Several suggestions were received from this and via Facebook and email.

Discussions continue to determine the best way forward to reopen St Kessog’s. In the meantime, Callander Community Development Trust is exploring the option of acquiring the building through an asset transfer scheme. It has been successful in obtaining funding from the Scottish Land Fund to undertake a feasibility study and consultants have started to look at the proposition and are due to report back in March. The situation is fluid, with no decision likely until April or May this year, as to which is the best course for the community. At that point, whichever option is deemed best will be subject to a thorough consultation with the community.

Watch this space for further updates.