04.05.21 PRESS RELEASE: CYCLE FRIENDLY CALLANDER
03.05.21. APPROVED MINUTES: CCDT March 2021 Board meeting
30.04.21 VIRTUAL VIC UPDATE
The numbers of visitors to the Virtual Vic website continue to increase.
The April totals were:
Unique visitors: 726
Page views: 2448
We hope to be able to welcome both virtual and 'live' visitors to the VIC very soon!
FEBRUARY APPROVED MINUTES
28.03.21 Virtual Vic figures
2129 page views
JANUARY APPROVED MINUTES
NOVEMBER APPROVED MINUTES
VIRTUAL VIC WEBSITE
CALLANDER HYDRO FUND
The Callander Community Hydro Fund made five awards at its meeting in November 2020:
- £5,875 to Callander Community Council, match funding to enable a funding application to the Landfill Tax Trust for refurbishments at Camp Place Play Park.
- £1,080 to a working group with members from the Development Trust, Community Council and Callander Enterprise, for Christmas lighting in Ancaster Square.
- £4,000 to Drumardoch Estate to surface a path along the A821 at Kilmahog, linking the A84 to National Cycle route 7.
- £2,136 to McLaren Leisure to set up an on-line booking system as part of their Covid-19 response.
- £4,933 to Callander Youth Project to purchase nursing equipment for a fully accessible glamping pod.
The Hydro Fund Committee is part of the Callander Community Development Trust. The funds are generated by a hydro-electric generating scheme on Stank Burn by Loch Lubnaig that was built and is run by a group of volunteers through Callander Community Hydro Ltd, a company owned by the Trust. Anyone can apply to the fund for support for projects or activities that will benefit Callander. The next deadline is 31 December for a decision in February. More details here.
Community Councils and Development Trusts
What is CCDT?
A charitable organisation of volunteers.
Go to ABOUT US for further details.
What does CCDT do?
It undertakes practical projects for the benefit of the Callander community.
Go to GROUPS & PROJECTS for more information about these.
It also employs the Town Coordinator on behalf of the whole community.
What kind of projects?
Those identified in the 5-yearly Community Action Plan (3.7MB PDF), drawn up after consultation with the community, and which are likely to be of benefit to both residents and visitors.
Go to GROUPS & PROJECTS to find out more.
Who can join CCDT?
Anyone in the Callander and Kilmahog community area.
Go to JOIN US for more information.