A spacious and comfortable 400 year old stone cottage, nestling in its own large garden in a beautiful quiet glen setting, surrounded by mountains in Scotland's first national park. Sleeping 6, this family home, in the heart of Rob Roy country, is available for holiday lets and is just 75-90 minutes drive from Edinburgh/Glasgow respectively.
The cottage offers spacious and bright living accomodation which includes:
• 3 Bedrooms (two ground floor double bedrooms, one with ensuite shower room and upstairs twin room).
• Large bathroom.
• Spacious sitting room with open fireplace.
• Electric range cooker, microwave, dishwasher and fridge-freezer in a large country kitchen.
• Laundry room complete with a washing machine and tumble dryer.
• Electric heating throughout.
• Bedlinen, heating and towels are all included.
• Cot and high chair available
• TV/DVD player.
• No pets and no smoking.
• Spectacular scenery, walking and fishing with golf, cycling, horseriding, shooting and watersports available in the vicinity.
• Free Wi-Fi
Cycling: A quiet road which provides easy access to the Sustrans 7 cycleway from Callander to Killin .
Fishing: Local lochs Voil and Doine together with the river Balvaig provide good wild trout fishing. Permits are available nearby
Hill Walking: Balquhidder Glen is flanked by mountains to suit most walkers. The west end of the glen provides access to at least 6 munros including Ben More and Stob Binean. Lower level walks including Kirkton Glen provide an option when low cloud obscures the higher hills.
Golf: There is an excellent scenic golf course at Callander, another at Killin and many more within easy driving distance.
Swimming: Whilst it is possible to swim in the local lochs, the leisure centre at Callander has an excellent indoor pool.
Horse Riding: Several centres in the Trossachs provide riding and pony trekking, from easy low level rides to more adventurous mooreland and hillside adventures. Booking is probably well advised.
To Find Us
From the A84 Stirling to Lochearnhead road, 2 miles north of Strathyre, turn off at the Kingshouse Hotel and then to the right passing under the main road. Continue for 2 miles to pass the church on the right then turn left. Cross a hump back bridge over the river Balvaig then where the road veers left you will find the cottage in its own grounds on the left.