New, business seminars from StepScotland
StepScotland is running a number of webinars in the coming week, both local and national. Details of the local ones are shown below. To find out more and to book onto these webinars go to www.bgateway.com
Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) 27th May 10.00-11.30
This webinar will cover the following -
- Identifying where your business could benefit from information technology
- Hardware and software requirements
- Planning your website and how best to market your business
- Choosing the right internet provider and service
- Keeping your data secure
- Working from home.
Time Management 27th May 14.00-16.00
This workshop will explore:
- the importance of effective time management
- current usage of time and possible improvements
- personal time management strengths and weaknesses
- barriers to good time management
- short and long term targets
- potential time saving methods
By the end of the workshop you will have created a structured plan to improve the effectiveness of your time management.
Business Gateway Online Hangout Hour - Trading Through COVID 27th May 14.00-15.00
Our online business networking is exactly how it should be, structured yet relaxed, friendly with zero pressure, where you’ll have the opportunity to introduce yourself and your business and learn some key points about a subject. (This is a weekly event over the coming weeks. Upcoming topics – Leading remotely and Marketplaces in 2020)
The format will below:
14.00 – Online registration
14.05 – Welcome from Business Gateway
14.15 – One by One Business Introduction
14.30 – Short Topic
14.45 – Questions
15.00 – Close
You can join us with your camera and speaker or just the speaker if you prefer.
Scenario Planning 28th May 10.00-12.00
What to expect from this event
We are in times of “Radical Uncertainty” – right now it is hard for anybody to make decisions.
We all know that inertia is the most dangerous thing of all for businesses – but how can we avoid this if we are not sure we can make the right decision? This training session will show you how.
SCENARIO PLANNING allows us to manage the uncertainty, by focussing on what we do know, and running different assumption-based scenarios for what we don’t. This allows us to plot a safe route forward, with an action plan to cover different circumstances as they occur. Scenario Planning is a vital part of an entrepreneur’s toolkit at any time – but never more so than as the country starts to switch back on from lockdown.
This is a practical course where you get to meet other local business owners, and work hands on with them on the topic, as we learn better from doing, and best of all by doing with others to share our learning.
By attending this session you will not only learn something helpful to use now, but something you will use for the rest of your career.
Video Production for Social Media – DigitalBoost Webinar 28th May 11.00- 12.30
What to expect from this event
Video captures people's attention online and is important for engaging with your target audience.
Learn how to:
- Create a short and effective video
- How to plan, shoot, edit and upload it without special kit or expertise.
- Get to know the various digital platforms that can be utilised to view and share video content.
- See what editing apps are available and how to add music and subtitles.